|Title||Low-voltage electrical installations - Part 5-56: Selection and erection of electrical equipment - Safety services|
|Abstract/Scope||IEC 60364-5-56:2009 covers general requirements for safety services, selection and erection of electrical supply systems for safety services and electrical safety sources. Standby electrical supply systems are outside the scope of this part. This part does not apply to installations in hazardous areas (BE3), for which requirements are given in IEC 60079-14. This second edition of IEC 60364-5-56 comes about as a result of changes to Clause 556, Safety services, of IEC 60364-5-55 (2001), as modified by its amendment 1 (2001). It replaces Clause 556 of IEC 60364-5-55:2001. Clause 556 is to be withdrawn at the time of publication of this new Part 56. The main changes with regard to the previous edition are listed below:
1) Many more definitions are included, e.g. response time, central power supply system, low power supply system, preferential circuit and escape route.
2) Automatic supplies are now classified according to the maximum changeover times, for example a supply classified as short break means an automatic supply is available within 0,5 s.
3) Safety sources that can operate in parallel are specifically recognized in 560.6.9.
4) Requirements are now given for batteries used for safety sources for central and low power supply sources.
5) Drawings are now required, such as a single-line diagram, drawings showing the location of equipment and a list of equipment permanently connected to the safety power supply.
6) Operating instructions are now required.
7) Detailed requirements are now given for emergency escape lighting applications, direct current circuits and fire protection applications.
8) Additional requirements for initial verification and periodic inspection and testing are now included in the standard.
9) Two annexes are now included (Annex A and Annex B) giving guidance for emergency lighting and guidance for fire protection equipment, respectively.
|Current Stage code||6060|
|Current Stage code date||2011-12-16|
|Current Stage code deadline||2012-12-12|
|Deadline date for vote||2012-11-01|
|IEC Technical Body|
|ICS||91.140 - Installations in buildings|
|Note||Publication editing allocated to email@example.com|
|Special National Condition(s)|
Categories - Aspects
Product Life Cycle
|date of Ratification (DOR) (1)||2011-12-12|
|date of Availability (DAV) (2)||2011-12-16|
|date of Announcement (DOA) (3)||2012-06-12|
|date of Publication (DOP) (4)||2012-12-12|
|date of Withdrawal (DOW) (5)||2014-12-12|
|Normative reference (6)|
(1) Date of ratification (dor) date when the Technical Board notes the approval of an EN (and HD for CENELEC), from which time the standard may be said to be approved
(2) Date of availability (dav) date when the definitive text in the official language versions of an approved CEN/CENELEC publication is distributed by the Central Secretariat
(3) Date of announcement (doa) latest date by which the existence of an EN (and HD for CENELEC), a TS or a CWA has to be announced at national level
(4) Date of publication (dop) latest date by which an EN has to be implemented at national level by publication of an identical national standard or by endorsement
(5) Date of withdrawal (dow) latest date by which national standards conflicting with an EN (and HD for CENELEC) have to be withdrawn
(6) This list of normative references is purely indicative. The only official list of normative reference is the list of the published standard.