|Title||Fixed capacitors for use in electronic equipment - Part 2: Sectional specification - Fixed metallized polyethylene terephthalate film dielectric d.c. capacitors|
|Abstract/Scope||IEC 60384-2:2011 applies to fixed capacitors for direct current, with metallized electrodes and polyethylene-terephthalate dielectric for use in electronic equipment. These capacitors may have 'self-healing properties' depending on conditions of use. They are primarily intended for applications where the a.c. component is small with respect to the rated voltage. Two performance grades of capacitors are covered, Grade 1 for long-life application and Grade 2 for general application. Capacitors for electromagnetic interference suppression and surface mount fixed metallized polyethylene-terephthalate film dielectric d.c. capacitors are not included, but are covered by IEC 60384-14 and IEC 60384-19 respectively. This fourth edition cancels and replaces the third edition published in 2005 and contains the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition.
- Table 1, Sampling plan together with numbers of permissible non-conformance for qualification approval test, has been adjusted.
- Table 3, Lot-by-lot inspection, has been changed, highlighting assessment level EZ only.
- Table 4, Periodic inspection, has been changed, highlighting assessment level EZ only.
- The preferred values of rated voltages have been updated in conformance with the basic series of preferred values R5 and R10 given in ISO 3.
|Current Stage code||6060|
|Current Stage code date||2012-03-30|
|Current Stage code deadline||2012-10-13|
|Deadline date for vote|
|IEC Technical Body||IEC/TC 40|
|Reference Document||IEC 60384-2:2011 (EQV)|
|ICS||31.060.30 - Paper and plastics capacitors|
|Keywords||Capacitor; Fixed; Metallized; Polyethylene-terephthalate; d.c.|
|Note||2011-12-20 - Publication editing allocated to firstname.lastname@example.org * Supersedes EN 60384-2:2005|
|Special National Condition(s)|
Categories - Aspects
Product Life Cycle
|6060||2012-03-30||2012-10-13||EN FR DE|
|date of Ratification (DOR) (1)||2012-01-13|
|date of Availability (DAV) (2)||2012-03-30|
|date of Announcement (DOA) (3)||2012-04-13|
|date of Publication (DOP) (4)||2012-10-13|
|date of Withdrawal (DOW) (5)||2015-01-13|
|Normative reference (6)||ISO 3:1973
(1) Date of ratification (dor) date when the Technical Board notes the approval of an EN (and HD for CENELEC), from which time the standard may be said to be approved
(2) Date of availability (dav) date when the definitive text in the official language versions of an approved CEN/CENELEC publication is distributed by the Central Secretariat
(3) Date of announcement (doa) latest date by which the existence of an EN (and HD for CENELEC), a TS or a CWA has to be announced at national level
(4) Date of publication (dop) latest date by which an EN has to be implemented at national level by publication of an identical national standard or by endorsement
(5) Date of withdrawal (dow) latest date by which national standards conflicting with an EN (and HD for CENELEC) have to be withdrawn
(6) This list of normative references is purely indicative. The only official list of normative reference is the list of the published standard.