The CENELEC Infodesk receives queries by phone and via the contact us form and provides general information on CENELEC activities. The Infodesk gives direction and guidance on:
- where to locate specific information on the CENELEC website;
- the use of the CENELEC on-line catalogue of European Standards;
- the status of CENELEC Standards;
- the sales points of European Standards;
- the bodies to contact for questions that fall outside the scope of CENELEC, such as European Regulations, certification, CE Marking, etc. (generally, these questions are also answered under the FAQs).
However, the CENELEC Infodesk has no technical competence and therefore cannot provide technical solutions to questions such as what standard to use or to queries relating to the interpretation of standards.
Technical questions are the competence of the CENELEC Technical Committees. As a rule, Technical Committees do not deal directly with questions from private experts. Therefore, technical questions shall be addressed to the appropriate CENELEC National Committees.
To reach our infodesk by email, please click here.
The Infodesk is not responsible for granting access to the CENELEC Electronic platforms, such as the collaboration tool. This is the responsibility of the CENELEC Helpdesk.