European standards' significance is constantly growing at the international level thanks to the :
- High level of safety, health and environmental protection European Standards ensure;
- Existing link with EU policies they can provide;
- Support they give to European Regulations;
- and their integration in trade talks between EU and 3rd countries.
As a result, National Committees (NC) worldwide expressed an interest in closely working with us. Given their geographical position, most 3rd countries NCs are not likely to become CENELEC Members or Affiliates, therefore we propose them another partnership: the Partner Standardization Body (PSB) status.
The PSB status with CENELEC is available to a National Committee that is:
- recognized as the only National Electrotechnical Committee from its country;
- member or associate member of IEC, registered in the IEC List of Standardizing Bodies having notified acceptance of the WTO Code of Good Practice for the Preparation, Adoption and Application of Standards;
- ready to accept reciprocity as far as participation in Technical Bodies is concerned.
Currently CENELEC counts one PSB: KAZMEMST- The Committee for Technical Regulation and Metology in Kazakhstan.
More details about the PSB status: CEN/CENELEC Guide 13 - The concept of Partner Standardization Body with CEN and CENELEC.