New Business opportunities
How to elaborate standards for your business needs?
Together with you, the CEN-CENELEC Management Centre examines if developing European Standards for your business activity is a feasible process. We especially like to identify if European Standards have an added value for you and/or your business sector and if there is a 'business case' to make these standards. The CEN-CENELEC Management Centre normally does not charge a fee for this fact-finding process. If you are interested, do contact the Innovation Department.
In the fact-finding process, we try to formulate answers to questions like:
- Which stakeholders are interested in these new standards?
- What are the specific needs, what is the critical success factor?
- Are there existing documents, upon which a standards can be based?
- Is there a legislation in place?
- Where is the market for your products and/or services?
- What is the cost budgeting of the standardization process?
- Are there certification issues?
- What legislation exists?
If the outcome of the fact-finding process is positive and when the human and financial resources to start up and run the standardisation process have been identified, your standardization project is launched